The European Union Institutions appoint external experts to assist in the evaluation of grant applications, projects and tenders, and to provide opinions and advice in specific cases.
In particular, experts assist in:
● Evaluation of proposals, prize applications and tenders
● Monitoring of actions, grant agreements, public procurement contracts
In addition, experts provide opinion and advise on:
● Preparation, implementation and evaluation of EU programmes and design of policies.
In order to select experts, the European Union Institutions publish regularly calls for expression of interest (see list below) detailing the selection criteria, the required expertise, the description of the tasks, their duration and the conditions of remuneration.
Interested? Please join the database of external experts!
As a new expert, you will be first requested to create your EU login account and register your profile.
Registered experts can update the profile via the My Expert Area after login.
Calls for expressions of interest for experts
● Horizon 2020 (including Euratom programme)
● Asylum, Migration and Integration Fund (AMIF)
● Coaching activities in connection with the SME Instrument (EASME)
● COSME (Competitiveness for Small and Medium-sized Enterprises)
● Education, Audiovisual and Culture executive Agency (EACEA)
● EMFF (European Maritime and Fisheries Fund)
● European Defence Industrial Development Programme
● Fundamental Elements Programme (GSA)
● Horizon Prize for Social Innovation in Europe
● Internal Security Fund Borders and Visa (ISFB)
● Internal Security Fund Police (ISFP)
● Pilot projects and preparatory actions (PPPA)
● Preparatory Action on Defence Research (PADR)
● Programme for the Environment and Climate Action (LIFE)
● Promotion of Agricultural Products
● Research Fund for Coal and Steel (RFCS)