- The partner description (“Section 4”) has been moved to Part A (administrative section – “online”)
- A table of researchers involved in the project is required. The aim is to study the links between funding and researchers’ careers (not to specifically identify individuals)
- Each organization’s role will be specified through a check list
- Participants will need to confirm the existence of a Gender Equality Plan (GEP) – This is an eligibility criteria!
- Ethics and Security are now in Part A (not the Technical Annex)
Part B now includes a glossary of definitions, encouraging consistent use of terminology across application and detailed explanations on what is expected (and should be included) for each section,
Applicants are required to accurately describe how their research relates to SSH (social sciences and humanities), inter-disciplinarity to other scientific fields as well as how gender aspects are integrated into the research plan (if relevant). All of these will strengthen the “Excellence” section.
Open Science is an integral part of the “Excellence” section. Applicants will need to describe how they plan to integrate it in their methodologies and, if not, justify it.
A data management plan (DMP) must be provided, in line with FAIR principles, by month 6 of the project. The overarching principle is that data should be “as open as possible, as closed as necessary.”
A summary table will now be necessary, showcasing a “pathway” to their project’s impact, in Section 2. Based on the planned impact, the table summarizes the following:
- Specific needs of the project
- Expected Results
- Dissemination, exploitation and communication measures
- Target Audiences
- The outputs achieved during the project’s lifetime
- Any scientific, economic and societal impacts generated beyond the project’s duration
Under HE, evaluators are instructed to disregard any hyperlinks or annexes to the technical annex.
Annexes to “subcontracting and third-party involvement” are now in section 3 and Ethics and Partner descriptions in Part A.The only exceptions are:
- Calls related to Security
- In case of financial support to third parties
- Clinical Trials
- Annotated Grant Agreement (current version, 23/07/2021)