UCIBIO’s key strength lies on its broad scope of fundamental and applied research standing at the interface of Chemistry and Biology to address pertinent questions at atomic, molecular, sub-cellular and cellular levels, including cell-to-cell interactions and population evolutionary dynamics.
• Biomolecular Interactions
• Drug Discovery
• Safety Assessment in Human & Environmental Health
• Molecular Diagnosis & Therapeutics
• Chem4Omics – Chemistry for imaging and proteomics & nano-proteomics for biomedicine.
• Functional Molecules & Nanomaterials – Materials and molecules for diagnostics and therapeutics.
• Structural Molecular Biology – Structure and function of proteins for environment, health and disease.
• Molecular Microbiology – Population and functional genomics. Bacterial epidemiology/ infection/ drug resistance.
• Theoretical & Computational Biochemistry – Quantum-mechanical methods, MD simulations, hybrid QM/MM.
• Toxicology – Mechanistic and analytical toxicology.
• Drugs Targets & Biomarkers – Biomarker identification/ biological evaluation of new drugs.
• Biomodels, Bioanalytics and Biophysics – Interactions of biomolecules/drugs/nanoparticles with lipid membranes.