LAQV ́s mission is to cooperate in a continuous, competent and efficient way to achieve a Sustainable development by promoting new technologies that aim to reduce or even eliminate undesirable substances in the design, production and uses of Chemicals.
• Novel Compounds from Renewable Sources
• Food Quality and Safety
• Analytical Control and Process Automation
• Clean (Bio)Chemical Processes
• Functional Molecules and Materials for Sustainability
• Bio(Chemical) Process Engineering – Fermentation/reaction, separation/purification, synthesis/processing, water/wastewater treatment and systems biology/metabolic modelling.
• Catalysis & Functional and Smart Materials – Coordination and materials chemistry, nanochemistry and nanotechnology. Eco‐sustainable catalytic systems. Functional and smart materials.
• Environmental Chemistry and Health – Waste management, environmental control and (bio)remediation, food safety and public health.
• Organic Chemistry – Experimental and computational organic chemistry at the interface of chemistry and biology.
• Photochemistry: From Information And Energy Conversion To Safeguarding Cultural Heritage – Colour in Nature and in Art. Conservation of cultural heritage and solar energy conversion. Chromogenic materials.
• Natural Products – Phytochemistry, pharmacognosy, pharmacology and microbiology.
• Food Science – Chemical, molecular biology and chemometric methods for food authentication, security and safety.
• Analytical Chemistry – Automation and miniaturization as tools to implement green chemistry strategies in analytical chemistry.