• To promote scientific excellence and innovation in Functional Advanced Micro/NanoMaterials and Micro/Nanotechnologies, supported bycomputing.
• To remain at the international leading edge of research by fostering breakthroughs concepts and exploiting materials and device properties at nanoscale level.
• To promote practical application of R&D+i results, including the transfer to the industry.
• To provide access of the Institute facilities and equipment to the technical- scientific community.
• To train and to enable the continuous education of scientific (including MSc. and Ph.D students) and technical researchers.
• To foster public awareness, engagement and understanding of nanoscale science, engineering and technology.
• Micro/Nano Integration into Demonstrator Systems
• Theoretical and Computational Studies on Materials and Devices/SystemsBehaviour
• Advanced Micro/Nano Materials and Technologies
• Structural Materials
• Soft and biofunctional materials group
• Materials for Electronics, Optoelectronics and Nanotechnologies