With the inventors participation, IRIS identifies candidate companies that have the know-how, resources and business contacts to bring the invention/technology to market.
The partnering with these companies may occur at several stages of the product development. This means that partnerships may exist with companies that will help the Academic Institution to increase the TRL of the technology towards a product or that the invention/technology is licensed to a existing company or to a spin-off, promoted by the inventors, to specifically develop and exploit the invention/technology.
Technologies developed at NOVA School of Science and Technology and NOVA.ID.FCT may be showcased in several ways:
· Presented in conferences and events of the field of the research (only after filling!)
· Direct contacts made by inventors and IRIS to companies identified in the commercial relevance assessment or that the inventors already have connection
· Show-casing the technology in the payed platform IN-PART
· By mediation performed by IRIS partner for IP commercialization Frontier IP
· Contacts performed by inventors and IRIS during and following R2Value© initiative
NOVA University Lisbon also has numerous activities to foster entrepreneurship activities. Make sure you consult their website.
Last updated in: 28/02/2021