Did you have a conversation with a company to develop a software? To provide a service to apply your technology or knowledge? Were you invited for a seminar? Or eventually to provide consultancy for a court? Here’s what you should know when presenting the budget:
(1) Direct Expenses
For the direct expenses, you may consider:
- • Human resources;
- • Equipments;
- • Consumable;
- • Other expenses;
(2) What are “Overheads”?
An “overhead” is the destined amount to cover overall expenses of NOVA.ID’s structure that may be defined by the financial entity with a percentage of the direct expenses incurred or by NOVA.ID as a percentage of the income amount of the activities when they’re determined by themselves.
Why should I apply a Profit Margin?
You should always apply profit margin:
- • To ensure that the value of the provision of services does not violate market laws;
- • The amount will be available for the researcher to invest later, in accordance with the regulations in force.
How do I communicate a new activity / service providing?
To communicate the intention of a new activity or service providing, you’ll just need to fill a form with the basic information:
- • Who’s paying for it;
- • What are you going to do;
- • For how much;
- • What resources will you need;
- • Which are the Cost Centres you have available;